Freewrite Review

This review is written on a Freewrite. Hemingway edition.

April, 19th 2023
Author: Michael Bunch




I have had my Freewrite for about two weeks now and have been thoroughly enjoying it. This year I turned 30 years old, my resolution was to do a lot of the things that I have always wanted to do. Things such as getting healthy, learning the guitar and writing a novel.

As for getting healthy, I stopped nicotine about a year ago. That was a 15 year addiction. I stopped energy drinks a month ago. That was becoming a problem. Exercise and eating healthy are slow going.

Learning guitar has been fun, difficult but fun. I used to play a bit when I was 15. I don't play nearly as much as I should but I try and practice every day.

Now about writing a novel. I wanted to be a novelist since kindergarden. I've been reading and writing since before I can remember. I always identified as a writer and a reader. However the last 10 years I can count on one hand how many books I read. I can't remember the last time I actually sat down to write creatively.

The years have been busy. I traveled, got married, had kids, worked hard and am in school. However with all of that being apart of my life, it isn't why I havent been able to read and write.

Distractions. I have been distracted for over a decade. First it was video games in my early 20s. Then it was a mix of video games and tv. Then after having kids it was the cell phone and youtube. So many things drawing my attention.

Now that I am aware of the problem I have come up with a solution. Cut out distraction.

The kids are playing infront of me as I type this, they are not too big of a distraction. No the big distraction is my phone. So I stopped using it and got a light phone.

Okay great but I have never been able to write on my laptop, because video games..

That is where my Freewrite is coming in handy. Getting rid of the phone is wonderful but the laptop is how I do homework. Thats why having this Freewrite has been so great! I can seperate devices. When I use this, I am in a writing mode. When I use my laptop I am in a school mode. My phone is for calls and text.

I feel like I have gotten my identity back and it is difficult to describe. I am a writer again.

The Freewrite may be expensive but it has payment plans. I give it a 10/10. Perfect device for someone like me.

It gets regular firmware updates. The keys feel great. The refresh rate is actually surprisingly good, I was worried about it.

I cannot say enough good things about this device. If you are on the fence about getting a Freewrite, I highly recommend.

Comments

Popular Posts